Whads is a web design and online marketing agency located in Barcelona, offering a wide range of digital services, including: web and digital solution design and development, web apps, online marketing, SEO, monitorization, etc.
My main challenge upon joining the team was learning Python - language I was facing for the first time-, while also learning how to use Whads' self-made framework, Woost. My learning period, shorter than expected by my supervisors, led to my early incorporation to the projects, being productive practically from the first moment.
Over the course of my first two years at the company, I went from collaborating on several developments and maintenance for various clients, to becoming the leader and main developer of multiple projects, both existing and new.
Starting mid-2020, my superiors gave me the "Senior" designation, in view of my trajectory, autonomy, capabilities and responsibilities within the team.
My tasks in the company, as a Full Stack Web Developer, have been:
- Analysis, development and maintenance (full stack) of multiple web solutions (websites, web apps, etc.), both existing and new, for a diverse range of clients.
- Development and layout design of corporate websites. Redesign, adaptation and modernization of existing websites.
- Direction and leadership of several projects as their main developer.
- Management and maintenance of web servers, hosting, databases, security, SSL, domains, etc.
- Integration of new components in existing solutions.
- Collaboration with international teams in new developments and integrations.
- Customer service and client support. Technical advice.
- Participation in the modernization process of the company's methodologies, coding practices and technologies of choice.