- August 2020 – December 2021 (1 year, 5 months)
- Graphic material
- See screenshots
The CEEB (Consell de l'Esport Escolar de Barcelona) is the entity in charge of managing financial aid grants to families for extracurricular sports activities, granted by the IBE (Institut Barcelona Esports, Barcelona City Council). Previously, the team at the CEEB performed their tasks on an Excel file, edited and maintained by hand.
My job was to develop a custom web app to simplify, optimize and speed up those tasks, practically eliminating almost all manual work, and avoiding many possible sources of human errors.
My role in the project:
- Direction and leadership of the project since the beginning, as main developer.
- Functional analysis and development roadmap, in constant direct contact with the client.
- Analysis, planning and development of the data model and database.
- Development of the web app from the ground up (back, front, server management and security).
- System to easily import Excel files generated by the City Council containing grants data, customizable by year (variable columnns, number and percentage of the grant payments, etc.).
- Connection, via REST API, with other City Council services to retrieve information about the activities, organizing entities, etc.
- Semi-automated grant management system: automated payment calculations, proportional parts of drop outs, etc.
- Report generation and tracking system: statistical reports, summary reports for entities, generation of IBE official documents, payment and refund reports, etc. Payment reports can be auto-filled by a max payment amount, allowing for the priorization of certain entities.
- SMS sending system to contact parents massively.
- Optimized full-text search for all listings (grants - 10.000+ rows per year -, entities, etc.).
- User and permissions management system.
- Code and databaseoptimization.
Disclaimer: all data displayed in the following screenshots and video is random, made up for showcase purposes.