- January – April 2022 (4 months)
Printful is an on-demand printing and fulfillment company that helps people turn their ideas into brands and products. Whether you wish to create your own online brand or gift someone a personalized t-shirt, Printful can help you get it done. Whenever someone—you or your customer—makes a purchase, Printful automatically receives the order, fulfills, and ships it.
Printful offers SaaS subscriptions (Printful Plus and Pro) to access some of its more advanced features. As part of my work in Printful's SaaS team, I took part in the maintenance and development of these advanced features.
Here are some of my responsibilities in the team:
- Performing technical and architectural analyses in collaboration with the team. Research, viability assessments, technical implementation documents, etc.
- Performance and memory profiling, along with proposing solutions and improvements.
- Developing and maintaining multiple complex and interconnected pieces of software, following SOLID principles and taking into account good architecture, maintainability and reusability.
- Optimization of code performance, database queries and related elements.
- Preparation of complex SQL queries to obtain a wide variety of reports.
- Refactoring existing components and code to improve the general quality and reliability of the codebase.
- Writing comprehensive unit and integrationtests for every task.
- Development of advanced search functionalities with Elasticsearch.
- Collaboration with international teams of dozens of developers within the company.
- Performing extensive code reviews of colleagues' tasks.
- Participating proactively in the agile processes of the team and work organization, in constant collaboration with the whole team, lead and PMs.