- May 2022 – Present (1 year, 7 months)
Printful is an on-demand printing and fulfillment company that helps people turn their ideas into brands and products. Whether you wish to create your own online brand or gift someone a personalized t-shirt, Printful can help you get it done. Whenever someone—you or your customer—makes a purchase, Printful automatically receives the order, fulfills, and ships it.
The Design Maker is the core functionality: it's the canvas where users and clients make, tune and apply their designs on hundreds of custom apparel products and accessories. The Design Maker is packed with advanced functionalities, multiple placements for each product, a 3D viewer, mockup generation, layer management, automatic image enhancing, and dozens of other treats and life savers.
Here are some of my responsibilities in the Design Maker team:
- Performing technical and architectural analyses in collaboration with the team. Research, viability assessments, technical implementation documents, etc.
- Performance and memory profiling, along with proposing solutions and improvements.
- Developing and maintaining multiple complex and interconnected pieces of software, following SOLID principles and taking into account good architecture, maintainability and reusability.
- Optimization of code performance, database queries and related elements.
- Refactoring existing components and code to improve the general quality and reliability of the codebase.
- Writing comprehensive unit and integrationtests for every task.
- Collaboration with international teams of dozens of developers within the company.
- Performing extensive code reviews of colleagues' tasks.
- Participating proactively in the agile processes of the team and work organization, in constant collaboration with the whole team, lead and PMs.